Procurement Officer Jobs
The University of Calgary in Qatar (UCQ) is a Canadian-based educational institution whose mandate is to enrich the health and wellness in Qatar and the Gulf region through world-class education of nursing leaders and practitioners. Under the generous financial support from the State of Qatar, the University began delivering undergraduate nursing programs in 2007. Student enrolment has steadily increased during the years, and now the University offers several nursing education streams, including a Master’ degree program.
This is a permanent, full-time position that reports to the Director of Finance. The Procurement Officer provides procurement services to meet the operational needs to the faculty, staff, and students at the University of Calgary in Qatar.
The Procurement Officer plans and schedules the delivery of goods and services to the Qatar campus. This involves sourcing suppliers, evaluating supplier capabilities, and placing orders using telecommunications, and computerized purchasing systems. This position will oversee the tendering, selection, negotiation, and contract administration of identified supply and service contracts for the UCQ.
The Procurement Officer liaises with Business Operations in Calgary and follows procedures established by the University regarding the procurement of supplies and services. The Procurement Officer works closely with outside vendors developing supplier relationships in an effort to meet the supply and service needs of the UCQ.
- Places and tracks purchase orders and backorders in a timely manner.
- Processes returns, exchanges, and credits by completing all necessary paperwork and coordinating these activities with users, buyers, and distribution services.
- Initiates action to overcome delays in obtaining goods and services.
- Maintains inventories and places just-in-time orders.
- Serves as the first point of contact with vendors and evaluates vendor services.
- Assists in the preparation and planning of UCQ budgets.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates purchasing programs to streamline supply chain processes and procedures.
- Coordinates contract management for servicing, leasing, and rental of services and equipment.
- Stays current in trends in materials management and maintains current knowledge of supply providers and new products.
- Develops internal controls and ensures accountability.
- Liaises with expatriate post-secondary institutions to explore opportunities for bulk-purchasing and other cost-saving practices.
- Sources one-off equipment requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with three years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience working in an international or an educational environment is an asset
- Completion of Level I of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada Certified Professional Purchasers program would be an asset.
- Must have completed a level of formal education combined with experience in sourcing, negotiating, and procuring supplies and services.
- Fluency in English is essential; the ability to speak Arabic would be an asset.
- Expertise in using PeopleSoft modules and office computer applications.
- Ability to prioritize orders according to scheduled delivery dates.
- Aptitude for problem-solving, particularly related to sourcing supplies and services.
- Ability to work with providers to overcome unnecessary delays in obtaining supplies and services.
- Ability to work productively in a framework of operations that fully respects the laws, culture, and religion of Qatar.
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please immediately submit your application online as soon as possible for consideration. This job advertisement will close on October 8, 2020.
Priority will be given to candidates who are Qatari Nationals or candidates who have valid Qatar Residence permit with a transferable visa.
Applications submitted through the general inquiries e-mail address will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Procurement Officer Jobs
Recent Jobs In Doha Qatar
- Customer Service Executive – Jotun Group 6 December 2020
- Lead Engineer – Planning 6 December 2020
- Executive Secretary Jobs 22 September 2020
- Beauty Sales Advisor Jobs 22 September 2020
- Inventory Control Assistant Jobs 22 September 2020