Mechanical Design Engineer – Aviation
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking mechanical design engineer to join our established and growing team in Qatar. Working in a client facing role on some of the most complex and challenging projects or programmes being delivered anywhere in the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out detailed design of various systems and facilities in accordance to the end-user requirement and to international mechanical design codes and specifications.
• Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction/project.
• Preparing design calculation for all design works as required, which includes concept design and preliminaries, interior design and landscape.
• Reviewing and ensuring drawings are prepared to the international standards level of acceptance.
• Designing and providing specification of fire and life safety systems, requirements and codes as per NFPA 101 Fire and Life Safety and ICC Fire Code.
• Reviewing of contractor submission such as material specifications, material samples, method statements, any reports, risk assessments, traffic diversions and any reports submitted by consultant or contractor during the design and construction stage.
• Attending site inspections, site quality audit for verification of adherence to construction requirements and international accepted standards of construction.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy and can demonstrate experience in design works for major mechanical, plumbing, firefighting and all other associated mechanical systems projects.
• You can build lasting client relationships, have local consultancy experience and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
At Mace, we empower our people to be collaborative, curious and embrace their entrepreneurial spirits. Regardless of years’ experience, it’s a place to grow and thrive. We offer competitive packages along with a host of learning and development opportunities to help your career stay on track.
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues and influential clients and get to see the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – going home safe and well, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Mechanical Design Engineer – Aviation
Recent Jobs In Doha Qatar
- Lead Engineer – Planning 22 September 2020
- Executive Secretary Jobs 22 September 2020
- Beauty Sales Advisor Jobs 22 September 2020
- Inventory Control Assistant Jobs 22 September 2020
- Procurement Officer Jobs 22 September 2020